I understand that the legal services marketplace is complex to navigate and that your time and money are valuable. I try to make it easy for my clients to do business with me by—
- Not taking you for granted – if I agree to take you on your matter, I will do everything I can to help you achieve the outcome you are looking for
- Putting together a project plan for your matter and reporting against that plan as we progress with it
- Making sure you have direct access to me by both phone and email
- I will come to your premises and I don't charge for my travel time, and
- If something arises that is outside my area of expertise, then I will assist you to determine who should be engaged to deal with the matter.
My goal is to help you resolve challenges as quickly as possible so that your business can move forward and prosper.
When embarking on litigation or any dispute resolution process, the issue of costs is always an important part of the decision making process. I will try to make this issue easier for you by—
- Discussing costs in as much detail as possible at the outset of the matter, including providing you with a detailed estimate
- Asking you what your budget is and what you can and cannot afford - explaining what can be done for you within your budget
- Explaining cost variables and how different developments might affect costs
- Asking if you would like to do some of the work yourself instead of paying me to do it
- Explaining the rates and experience of team members (such as me and any barristers or experts) and asking if you have any preferences as to who does the work on your matter, and
- Providing an example of what the bill might look like at the end of each month, and asking if you would be happy with the format of the bill.